Sunday, June 17, 2012

Glimpses of the King

         You may know someone for an instant, for a week or for a lifetime. When I had to say goodbye to this last team, I realized it is very likely I will not see them again this side of heaven but I will always remember the lessons they taught me, the fun we had, and what it means to be surrounded by a “great cloud of witnesses” (Hebrews 12:1-3).

In three days of clinics, we saw over 210 patients. The ultimate Healer chose to use us to give these people a glimpse of the wholeness that He alone can bring. There is nothing significant about this team or me…we are broken and flawed but thoroughly equipped by God to extend His glory wherever we are. This week, it took the form of seeing patients, participating in Kids’ Club, introducing Honduras to Sipma cookies, playing at the river with the children from Armenia Bonito, and talking with our guide as we explore Pico Bonito National Park.

God chose to mold and prepare us by placing people in our lives as examples. Is anyone a perfect model? Only Christ. But I do have some other pretty good examples in my life. This Father’s Day, I can’t help but miss my family and praise the Lord for showing me Christian leadership through them. The faith and support of my grandparents are a constant encouragement. Dad, I love our conversations and definitely miss being able to ask you questions when I’m away at school or in another country. I know you don’t have all the answers, but you’re always searching God’s Word for the truth and stand boldly for it. I can’t write more because I’ll be crying even harder then, but thank you and happy birthday!

 So, here’s how you can be praying for me this week:
·      Praise God for the opportunities to build relationships

o   I’ve gotten closer to Alejandro and Ericka who helped out with pharmacy this week

o   Gisel, Estela, Oneda and Morena are some of the girls I’ve gotten to know through Kids’ Club and our trip to the river

·      Pray that I will get to know and love these wonderful kids better

·      Praise God for the great cloud of witnesses I have here (the Pettengills, Clows, Troxells, Kate and Shannon) and at home

·      Prayer for homesickness

·      Pray for safety and open hearts for the new team from Tennessee

·      Pray that the Hondurans will see God as the Provider


Here are some pictures from the week:
Alejandro helping me in pharmacy


Seeing patients at the clinic


We had over 90 kids at Kids' Club this week!


One of the waterfalls in Pico Bonito National Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment