Sunday, January 6, 2013

Life's a Learning Process

So much has happened in the last year that it was sort of hard to process when I finally had a break. Over Christmas, I found that going month by month and reviewing what happened helped tremendously. Being fond of lists, organizing my thoughts by month came naturally. So here's the list of lessons God saw fit to teach me.

Some of them were familiar lessons that I needed review of; some were new insights into God, life and myself. Some were obvious and spoken into my life by people God placed in my path, and others weren't clear until I was looking back on them. I hope in posting them here my lessons will be constantly before me as a reminder of God's grace and continued work in my life. I do not have these down pat, but that's why God has been working on these areas of my life.

January: I am capable of inflicting a great deal of pain and hurt others deeply more often than I realize.

February: Life is not meant to be lived alone. I need God and community.

March: I need to be "more assertive" and to "stop trying so hard to hide [my] God-given talents."

April: God's plan is much better than my idealized dreams.

May: I love Ripon more than I often let on.

June: Home can be anywhere around the world.

July: My heart is not mine to give away.

August: Our God gives us passions for a reason, and stewarding them well involves "cultivation".

September: All relationships must be firmly rooted in Christ.

October: Forgiveness comes from God. Forgiving those who deeply hurt or humiliate you is a lot harder than I tend to think.

November: Mentors come in many forms. Wisdom is meant to be shared and can be spread in a variety of ways.

December: "Lord, what a journey you've taken me on so far" and "Behold, I am the Lord's servant. Let it be unto me as You say."

No comments:

Post a Comment