Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Busy week!

This week has been fantastically draining!! It’s draining because of the sickness and long work days, but I’ve been learning so much! This week, we’ve got a dentist, a radiologist doing ultrasounds, and three doctors offering clinics. We’ve treated well over three hundred people these last few days and are expecting a big crowd tomorrow at our last clinic. That means a busy time in pharmacy (a wonderful job but tiring after 8 hours of reading doctors’ writing, doing math, performing lab tests and translating instructions into Spanish).

In the few breaks we get, Keilah and I have been able to observe ultrasounds, teeth extractions, injections, abscess draining and more. My wonderful team leader volunteered his body in the name of science so that Keilah and I could learn (under Erin’s careful guidance) how to insert an NG tube and IVs. I still can’t believe I put a tube up someone’s nose a few hours ago!

My time here in Honduras is drawing to a close, and I’m not ready for it to end in a little over a week. Having short-term teams come and go has made me realize how hard it is to have people come and go from your life so quickly. I’m dreading saying goodbye to the people in Armenia I’ve come to love, especially the children. I have hope in the fact that I’ll see many of them after this life, but it’s still hard to part.
I’ve got tons of really cool stories about Kids’ Club, clinics, soccer games, river days, day trips, dorm life and so much more…unfortunately free time and sleep are running short so those stories won’t make it on the blog for now, sorry.
 

Prayer Requests:

-          Praise for the completed clinics and pray for clinic tomorrow (and next week's team)

-          Praise God for the life and breath He gives us and please pray for continued strength and energy

-          Praise for friendships and how God uses them to encourage and challenge us

-          Pray that parting would draw all of us closer to God

No comments:

Post a Comment